Genworth Financial Companies Calculator
How much you need for retirement depends a great deal on how long you expect to live. This calculator can give you an idea of your life expectancy based on your current age, smoking habits, gender and several other important lifestyle choices.
As you plan, consider these points:
You may want to base your planning on your spouse's life expectancy if he or
she may live longer than you
Half the population lives beyond life expectancy
You may want toadd a reasonable cushion to life expectancy for retirement
*This calculator uses the 1986-1992 mortality tables
published by the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (CIA). It also assumes
that life expectancies will not improve during your remaining lifetime. If
life expectancies increase dramatically over the next several decades,
this calculator would underestimate actual life expectancies. If life
expectancies decrease dramatically over the next several decades, this
calculator would overestimate actual life expectancies.
- Current age
- Your current age.
- Males generally have shorter life expectancies than females. This calculator uses separate mortality tables depending on your gender.
- If you smoke, your life expectancy is generally going to be shorter than if you don't. This calculator uses separate mortality tables for smokers and non-smokers.
- Weight & Height
- Being overweight can reduce your life expectancy. Your target weight is determined by your height and weight, exceeding that weight reduces your life expectancy.
- Drinking alcohol
- Life style choices such as drinking alcohol can reduce your life expectancy.
- Dangerous driving habits can indicate a greater risk of accidents and death. We use the number of driving violations to help determine this risk.
- Blood pressure & Family medical history
- High blood pressure and history of cardiovascular problems, diabetes in you or your parents can indicate a shorter life expectancy. While it can be difficult to control your family history, it is a factor in determining your life expectancy.
This calculator includes content that Genworth Financial did not write or compile. Any assumptions or opinions expressed or embodied in this item
are solely those of the creator of the calculator. We do not guarantee how accurate or complete it is. The author did not create this calculator to provide
investment, legal, or tax advice and we are not furnishing it to you for any such purpose; you may not use it to avoid any IRS penalty. You should ask your
independent tax and legal advisors for advice based on your particular circumstances.
If this material states or implies that it was prepared or distributed to promote, market or recommend an investment plan or arrangement
within the meaning of IRS guidance, or such use may be reasonably expected, then, as required by the IRS, the following also applies:
The tax information in this material was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this material.